Sunday, November 12, 2006

I love LA...I love it...I love it!

Today started at the crack of dawn. Literally.

I met Tim and Lisa for and sunrise engagement shoot in Laguna Beach this morning and while it was a little chilly, the sky made for a beautiful backdrop! I was a surprised at how eager and chipper they were—running along the shore and standing in the ice-cold water at 6:30 in the morning, for instance—but it was an awesome experience!

JD and I later made our way to church and then got a FANTASTIC call from his uncle. Staples Center. Clippers game. Ninth row. Who could resist?! I love all things basketball, so I was beside myself with this news. On our way down the 10 freeway, I was envisioning the lightly salted Wetzels Pretzel melting in my mouth and the bubbly diet Pepsi (you know, to balance the caloric intake and all) when I realized that I still had my camera in my trunk from the morning’s shoot. Life was good.

When I was a kid, and I lived closer to Downtown LA, my dad would sometimes take me to Exposition Park and the museums. On my way there, I’d belt out Bruce Springsteen’s, “I love LA…I love it…I love it!” song as a way to casually show my dad how thankful I was. Walking back to the car this afternoon with JD, complete with my official Clippers noisemaker in tote, I felt the insatiable urge to burst into song. But I didn’t. Well, because, there are just some things a girl can do with her dad that she can’t do with her husband. Like sing a Springsteen song outloud on Figueroa Avenue. I’m still trying to convince JD that he didn’t make a mistake marrying me, so I’m refraining from singing in public places until year five. Or ten. :)

Here are a few pictures from today…
The holy grail

My boys in action

A little action

I have to take a moment and thank Manuel from the Staples Center. I don't him, really. He was just this nice seat attendant who graciously took our picture. Manuel, if you ever read this, thank you for centering the picture. It's a rare and beautiful thing when a stranger can this, so thank you!

After the game, we went to the famous Philippes.

JD swears by the food. Any real Angelino would love this food. That's what he said. Well, color me non-Angelino today ;) Don't get me wrong, if I were a carnivore, I'd probably like this place too...but there's something weird about eating at a place where you order at a counter where ambiguous dietary items are placed...

Where your food is served on brown paper plates...

And saw dust covers the floor...


All in all, the food wasn't that bad. I suppose I'm being dramatic...well...because I sometimes am. It's about the experience, JD said in between bites of his pork sandwich. He wiped the Philippe's famous mustard from his fingers and I had to agree. I went back to nibbling on my tapioca and hummed, "I love LA...I love it!"

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

So, who were you voting for Jazzy?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hahaha! No 'voting' for me...just cheering! :) And, it was the Clippers all the way! :)

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

philippe's, mmmm, i'm salivating already. just wanted to introduce myself, i believe i got your blog through dj or osp or something. not really sure but I've seen your interviews too, great work. sorry for stalking!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hi Scott! So nice to meet you! Hopefully we'll be able to meet up in person sometime soon! :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Go to the Getty - Amazing Art...wonderful building too. There are original manuscripts from the bible there.

I'm not a big museum girl, but that place rocked my world!

Have fun!!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jas. You are a riot and are exposing your young age. Randy Newman wrote, "I Love LA." and not the Boss, Bruce Springstien...he was too busy writing "Hungry Heart" ( a song about a family man leaving his wife and kids because he got tired of them).

However, "I LOVE L.A." only in context to the sports teams...for me it's more like "I 'can't wait to LEAVE LA" ;)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home