Monday, November 06, 2006

OSP South part One

When I arrived in Atlanta yesterday, it felt like I returned to an extended piece of home, or like walking into the back door of your best friend’s house. The familiar sights and sounds had a reassuring effect and I immediately craved sweet tea.

Liana picked me up and we made our way to her beautiful home. The air was frigid—like the way it feels when you reach into a portable cooler. Not cold enough to huff personal clouds, but frigid. All of a sudden I realized that my ‘thick’ winter coat was definitely categorized by my West Coast conception of autumn. I made a mental note that this will call for an emergency shopping trip.

When we arrived, Crystal greeted me with a warm hug and a huge smile. Typical Crystal. She’s from Conway, Arkansas and just about the sweetest thing I know…she ranks right on up there with Godiva truffles and chocolate pecan pie (oh, yes, I ate this slice of Heaven last night for dessert!). We spent the rest of the day talking shop and catching up on each other’s lives. I can’t describe how blessed I am to have theses two girls in my life!!

This morning the three of us made our way to Chattanooga, TN for OSPSouth and I’m loving every minute of it…or should I say, Awm luvin’ evry menit uv it! We’re on our way to dinner, so I’ll try to post more later.

Liana working away...

Me (not working) and Liana (still working away)...


By the way, I satisfied my craving for southern food last night at the Cracker Barrel. Sooooo good. And not in the healthy way. ;)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Hey Jasmine, it was nice meeting you today. I hope we are able to talk more tomorrow.

Katie

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so wish I could have come to OSP South. Take lots of photos so I can live vicariously through your blog.

7:49 AM  
Blogger DrewB said...

I totally didn't eat Cracker Barrel when I was down south last week. Is it good? As good as BJ's and Pizookie? I don't think anything could be as good as that! Have fun! Wish I could be there!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Jasmine, love your new southern drawl!! This self pic of you with Liana in the background is so cool!!!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home