Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An Oath

I just made an oath. After seeing a picture of myself.

My good friend Greg Bumatay and I often shoot together. Because of this, I'm quite sure he has more than enough pictures to use a blackmail, should he find the reason ;) I received an email from him yesterday and he sent this picture:


Apparently, he shot it while I was taking this picture:


Now, I was thoroughly embarrassed because not only do I appear imbecilic laying in the grass, I didn't even take off my backpack!?! Surely I have a first-class ticket to Dorksville, with no return. I clearly remember this moment because the couple was having a moment with each other and I didn't want to miss it, so I just plopped down where I was and shot away. With my backpack on. I'm cool. Reeeeeally, really cool.

So, if there are prospective brides perusing my blog, please keep two things in mind: (1) I'll do anything to never miss a shot; and (2) I'll hide my backpack at your wedding...I promise :)

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

I think you're super cool even with the backpack!

3:24 PM  
Blogger DrewB said...

OMG, I'm laughing so hard right now. I love it! Gosh, I hope Greg doesn't have any pictures of me :O Note to self- don't do anything dorky in front of Greg :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

DJ, if you hang out more with me, you're going to have to recant that statement :)

Drew, I know, Greg's a lot sneakier than we think! :)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Albumesque said...

I love that shot!!!!!

Don't worry with the backpack. You can pull it off;)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Albumesque said...

Love me:) (Amy) LOL

8:11 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOLOL That's so funny, I don't think you could ever be a dork if you tried. At least you got an amazing shot!

10:51 AM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

I think all photographers have a bit of "dork" in them. It comes with the territory! hahaa!!! But I think that you just might be the least dorkiest photographer I've ever met. So no worries. Nice shot too!

But the backpack does kinda look like it's squashing your tiny self. :)

Can't wait to see you VERY soon!!!! And enjoy some awesome food together!! Yuuummmm!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

LOL! That's too funny! Looks like you can't even get up Jas! I can't wait 'til you post the collage of your pics on the new site (more pics of Jasmine) yay!

(yes Drew I also have pics of you, muaahahaaha)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Tim Co. said...

thats a killer shot - backpack or no backpack!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

Brilliant!!!!

See you soon!


amber

10:24 PM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

Hey what kind of packback do you have? You and I are both really small portion, I need one that doesn't look like a turtle shell on my back.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha!! what a great post.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home