Saturday, October 21, 2006

Your Words

The sky is clear and the wind is blowing outside the hotel room. I look over at my dad, who's reading by the light of the window, and I can't help but feel blessed. You see, my dad's a pastor of a large church in Los Angeles, but he also has a nationally syndicated radio program airing his sermons. For some reason, Texans love the way he teaches...so much so that he's repeatedly asked to host speaking engagements. That's the true reason we came to Texas.

Later this evening, my dad will be speaking and when I read DJ's blog this afternoon, the quote he posted resonated to my core:

I'm really proud because my father uses his words to change people's lives, and my life is no exemption.


This is a picture I snapped of my dad just after we pulled off the side of the road to stretch our legs on our drive to south Texas...people we say we look alike and, sadly, I kinda agree :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Pancho is good looking man!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

LOL...I figured you'd say something like that!! :) I guess you practice what you preach regarding your words! :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home