Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Nice Twin

When I was in 10th grade, my teacher required the class to read Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Now, the story itself was compelling and tragically beautiful, but what really struck me was how Hugo juxtaposed two characters to show diametrical opposites. For instance, Jean Valjean was a wonderful man, but when compared to the nasty Innkeeper, Valjean appeared almost holy. And vice versa.

I think this notion struck a nerve because it seemed like my life was somewhat like those in a Hugo novel.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a twin. I have a fantastic twin sister, Bianca. But that's just it...she's fantastic. As in wholesome, gentle, kind, giving...and just about every other Godly characteristic there is. And then there's me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm nice, but when compared to my twin (who appears well on her way to sainthood), I just can't compete :) Growing up, I became accustomed to kids referring to Bianca as "the nice twin"...great, if you sat us on someone's shoulders, I'd be donning the horns and she'd have the glowing crown. I've always maintained that if I didn't love her so much, I'd hate her! :) Just kidding...well, sort of...okay, okay, I'm kidding!

In lieu of this, I asked her to help me write my bio for my website. Can you believe it? I mean, I can pretty much write about anything...except me. For weeks I've drawn a blank and can't come up with a single thing to say, except the fact that I love photography. Well, duh. So I've solicited her help from the advice from a friend, so hopefully she won't let me down.

However, if she does, at least it'll be one dark mark on her otherwise clean record. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

I think no matter how you put your bio into words, it is going to be great. You are great writer and you can make everything sound awesome. My bio page is still empty with just a picture because I am still working on mine.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jasmine--don't think we've spoken yet since I've been on OSP...I'M A TWIN TOO! I know how it is to constantly be compared to someone who is so much like you physically and behaviourly--it can be frustrating at times. We're very close though we live a thousand miles apart. ARe you two close? I bet she's just as beautiful as you! My sister and I still look amazingly alot alike. We have fun with that! ;) Take care--I'm sure she'll do justice to your bio too. :)

Carole

1:02 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

WOW, that's so cool you are a twin!! There just wasn't enough sweet Jasmine to go around, so God had to clone you!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home