Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy B-Day Melanie!

There’s something amazing about friends. Something like biscuits and gravy. Warm, comforting, and sticks to your bones. I wouldn’t be half the person I am today if it weren’t for my friends, my biscuits and gravy.

Last night my best friends and I celebrated Melanie’s birthday. She’s having a big party this weekend, but I can’t go because I’m shooting a wedding in Mexico. Because Melanie and my friends are absolutely fantastic, they agreed to have an intimate dinner last night to accommodate my schedule and celebrate on the actual day of her birth.

Okay, so yesterday I definitely earned the right to my thigh size. Because I love to cook (and eat!), we planned the dinner at her house and hosted a night of fondue. Oh my goodness, it was so delicious. Like in the I-wish-I-wore-sweatpants kind of way. My sister made the BEST cheese fondue (the Melting Pot has nothing on her dish!) and we had seven different types of dipping breads (baked garlic bread, homemade sourdough, mini onion rolls), a variety of dipping fruits (my favorite were the red apples!), a Chilean salad, and sautéed shrimp in a white wine sauce.

We followed up with a birthday cake. I swear, you can find me at the gym all day today. Allllllllll day. I will be the girl on the treadmill wearing two thermal sweatsuits and a beenie. Nothing like a little penance work-out to get me goin’! ;)

Here are a few pictures taken by Brianna…
Look at how cute I wrapped Mel's gift! When I found this wrapping paper, I knew I had to get it because it reminded me of her!

Ooh la la...the fondue!

Just wondering...why am I blowing out Mel's candles?! It's her b-day...not mine!! :)

There's nothing like homemade Funfetti birthdya cakes!


Melanie, happy birthday best friend!! We’ve been celebrating our birthdays together since we were 14 years old and I look forward to celebrating another million birthdays with you! I love you!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww it's fun to see your twin finally!

8:54 PM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:21 AM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

I can't tell which one is you, until I saw the caption of you blowing out the candles.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home