Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kisses and Disses

For the past day and a half I've been battling my blogger account to post images. I've been SO frustrated and because Blogger has the support staff comprised of what I assume are cantankerous chimpanzees, they've been no help. So, today I've finally been able to post. In lieu of this debacle, I'm starting a new weekly blog entry entitled Kisses and Disses. Every week I'll spread a lil' lovin' to people are deserve it and a lump of coal to those who make my life harder. Or something like that.


This week's Disses go to:
*Blogger, for driving me nuts the past couple of days; and
*The Oil Companies of the United States. People, please...I've spent a small nation's yearly GDP on gas lately and it's no fun. I saw a special on CNN this morning and a reporter cited that Germans who drive slowly along the autobahn save on gas. So I tried it out. Not on the autobahn, but on the 5 freeway this afternoon. I lasted all of 26 seconds. At this rate, I'll be buying a mule or a moped in the next few weeks.


This week's Kisses go to:
*JD. Yup, he just had to get props because I was lucky enough to have him join me at my engagement shoot on Sunday. He's an awesome assistant and second-shooter...and he carries my bag for me. Need I say more?! :)
I snapped this picture of him and I love it. It embodies both my passions--photography and JD--in one moment and it makes me thankful to have him by my side.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

Dude..I'm still EXTREMELY jealous that your husband loves you enough to second shoot with you..honey, if you're reading this, I'm talking to you!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Happy Freedom Day!

10:51 PM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

Your frustrations make me laugh...it's just humorous I guess...and that fisheye shot is dope!

Here's to the Chimpanzees! (Hint, hint-there are no chimpanzees at Squarespace.com. Rumor has it that they have actual humans running their support staff...ya know, just saying.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope I can make the Kiss list. So I'll do alittle kissing up your work is awesome!!!!! But for real you know I love your work Thats why I come look at it on your blog and your website all the time.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

Your entries are always the best. You crack me up with your kisses and disses. I hear about the gas prices, ouch!!!
J.D is such a great hubby for second shooting with you. Love the shot you took. Your work is inspiring!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Great shot! I love it. Kisses and Disses is a cute idea.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Kevin Meyers said...

Hey Jas!!! :) Funny that you just dropped by my site...I was visiting Colon's blog and saw you and JD up there again and it sparked warm fuzzy memories. lol Yes, I AM going to WPPI. :) See you there? For what it's worth, I've always liked your blog.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Brittany Leigh said...

hahahha....yeah...the chimps have been driving me insane too!!! :) i was trying to post pics from my spring break trip with gav and it wouldnt let me!!! so annoying! lol. although, at the same time, its kinda sad that we (myself definitely included!) are so dependent on the internet....lol.

anyways, i look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!! :)

tell your man hi for me!


and when gav is in town, i think a double date is in order? :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hi Hottie!!! Kisses to YOU!!!

Did you know that you can host your images privately on flickr and link to them on your blog at whatever size you like? It works great for me! (I just choose not to make mine private because it's another chance for people to find and follow my work!)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Joyful Weddings and Events said...

Oh man... If I had a diss section on my blog, blogger would surely be number one on my list this week too!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And again, you've made me smile!

a

6:38 PM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

My word!! That shot is GORGEOUS!!!! WOW!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

I love it! Those are cool ripples in the sand and the sunset makes it so dramatic.

12:04 AM  
Blogger anna joy said...

Kiss and Diss is a fantastic idea! Also, I know what you mean about the blogger staff. It is like pulling teeth even trying to FIND a contact email to get some help! GEESH! Anyways, your pictures and ideas are fabulous as always.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home