Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two Nights in LA: Vegetarian Gyozas and Defying Gravity

The last two nights here in southern California have been cold, but thankfully I've been tucked away in my favorite Los Angeles spots enjoying life.

Last night JD and I scored some pretty golden tickets to a Clippers game and I was stoked because, well, I loooove basketball. We started the evening in Little Tokyo at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants. We know the restaurant is a little ghetto-fabulous, but there's no denying its take-no-caloric-prisoners quality and charm. And the best part is the fact that Suehiro offers vegetarian gyozas...people, is there even more to ask?! ;)


JD took the following picture of me. He often times pokes fun at the fact that I firmly believe collars should be fashionably flipped up, and never folded like a good school boy. As we were leaving the restaurant--after conquering a bowl of ramen--I put on my jacket and...flipped up my collar. Of course he made fun of me, so I just had to show him how a cool girl like me can work the collar :)

Later we made our way to the Staples Center and watched the Clippers beat the Charlotte Bobcats.
This is JD running from my camera (I was determined to get an equally dorky picture of him, but he runs fast)



And tonight, I'm just getting home from a fabulous night at the theater. My sister got JD and me tickets to Wicked for Christmas, and I just got home from seeing the best musical ever. Ever. I've seen many musicals, ballets, and operas before, but this show really takes the cake. It's even better than the hype, so I just want to thank my sister for being so wonderful and say good night because I'm beat.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger DrewB said...

Isn't it wicked awesome? Was Eden playing Elphaba?

9:29 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

Wow, I love, love, love musicals. I'm totally jealous:)

You guys are toooo cute:) Love ya!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Yes, Drew, Eden was performing last night...she's awesome...but I think I liked Stephanie Block more! Sorry, I know you and Eden are homies and all, but I gotta keep it real ;)

9:45 AM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

hey Jasmine! I love coming to your blog and read what you wrote. Miss Ya! I was down in LA this past weekend. I would have called but my time is so limited when I am around my sisters. Hope to see you again soon.

9:49 AM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

I would LOOVE to see Wicked! I'm so jealous, girl! Too bad fabulous musicals don't make their way to Arkansas too often. :( haha!

I miss you......really badly!!! :(

All of the pictures below are AMAZING!!! Way to go , girl!

XOXO

10:20 AM  
Blogger Brittany Leigh said...

livin the high life!!! :)

soooo jealous!!! i really really really want clippers tix for gav and me...lol...and when i was in Chi-town, i almost dragged him to Wicked!

great minds think alike!
love love!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

How fun! My husband Deyl is at a Clippers game right now! Good times.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

I heard Wicked was awesome. You two are so darn cute! Love the shots you captured. The one of JD running away from the camera is great. You rock girlie!

8:17 PM  
Blogger anna joy said...

I totally agree. Folded down collars were so, like, 2001. Cute pics :D

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home