Monday, March 12, 2007

Nick and Julie: Engagement


Nick sat across the dinner table and said, I knew she was 'the one' when we were 17. After meeting in science class during high school, Nick and Julie have remained by each other's sides through eight years of college, new nieces and newphews, passing of a parent, earning a Master's Degree, and buying a new home together. They've managed to fall into each other's footsteps and finish each other's sentences--with Julie painting each thought with brightly colored words, and Nick calmly getting to the point. Their love has withstood what others might consider set-backs and faced them together, trusting that through it all, they'll get through life hand-in-hand.

We met in Malibu yesterday at their favorite spot and spent the hottest day of California's winter along the Pacific Coast. They have a stunning wedding planned in Santa Barbara this June and I can't wait to spend the weekend with their amazing families.

Here are a few of my favorites...








To see their engagement session in its entirety, CLICK HERE

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Emily DeWan Photography said...

Beautiful! I love the light hitting the sand in the last one.

10:38 PM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

Ok, that first shot is just DOPE.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Each one gets better and better. ;-) I love reading each new story from you... it's like opening a new book chapter each time... don't ever stop being your fabulous self!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

That last shot on the sand is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

WOW! These are super gorgeous Jasmine!! Especially love the last shot!:)

7:02 AM  
Blogger DrewB said...

Love that last shot!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Amanda Lock said...

I'm not sure whether I love reading the entries or looking at the beautiful pictures more! :) As always, gorgeous inventive shots.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job!!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Frances said...

I love the last one. How'd you do that?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hi Frances! I wish I had more to do with that last shot, but, really, it's just natural beauty. I put my fisheye lens on (which really pulled out the curves of the sand), 200 iso, 2.8, used my in-camera settings, and suped it up a tad in photoshop. The day was just gorgeous, so that totally helps! :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

Love these, Jasmine! Great locations! And that last shot - wow! :)

And love the ones of Shyla below! She's such a hottie! :)

I posted some pics of our little peanut on the blog!!! He's so adorable!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

That last pic is to dies for!!! Love it!!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Great story! My husband and I met at age 17 too!

5:26 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

wow wow wowsers!!!!! I love those. The last one took my breath away:)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jenna & Matt Walker said...

love this shoot! especially the texture in the last one!!!

10:16 PM  
Blogger anna joy said...

OH MY GOSH. These are so great. My favorites are the 3rd one down and the last one. Keep up the good work!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home