Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this blessed day, I just had to express how thankful I am for all the wonderful things in my life. I am the first to admit that I deserve none of the amazing blessings, but I thank God nevertheless.

Every year, my family has a tradition of going around the table and expressing what they are thankful for. Tears never fail to fall while we look into each other’s eyes and see our souls. It seems like I am always first to cry. I can’t help it. When I begin to list the things I’m thankful, the first thing I mention is my mother’s health. She has been battling various illnesses for the past seven years, so I’m most thankful to have another year with her. It’s sobering to look at her and realize the fragility of her health…to realize the fragility of life. When I openly thank God for her presence in my life, I can’t help but cry. Tears of joy, tears of appreciation. My family is phenomenal and I am so blessed.

Amongst many other things I’m thankful for, I can’t help but mention my relationship with JD. He alone is reason enough to be thankful for the rest of my life. I am so fortunate to have had him by my side for the past nine years…I don’t know where I’d be without him.

This past year has been a whirlwind and I owe most of this new chapter in my life to my friends, both new and old. Everything seems to be flying at warp speed, but my friends help me keep life in perspective. Thank you to everyone who has stood by my side and supported me.

Lastly, to every bride, groom, and client who has entrusted me to document their lives, THANK YOU. I am honored to be entrusted with capturing your lives and creating memories. My life is fuller having met so many wonderful people and I thank them for making me a better person.

Here are a few photos from today...
Sneeking a few bites before dinner :)

My little sister, Zoe Belle, made place settings for everyone this year...she's so cute!!

My dad carving the turkey

Family Toast

And here is another HUGE reason to be thankful...my beautiful family dog, Juny!! :) He's three and a half pounds of sheer joy and teh best dog in the world. No, really, the world.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you Jasmine!

amber

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home