Monday, October 02, 2006

The First Year in Review

Oh, you mean this old anniversary gift?!

This was my coy response yesterday when my best friends complimented the new purse JD bought me. I had been eying it for quite some time, so when I received the over-sized copper shoulder bag as an anniversary gift, I was overjoyed.


A group of us sat at a large table under sconce lamps in the shape of tulips. They didn’t know that JD and I had asked them to lunch to show our appreciation. This time last year, JD said as he placed his fork next to the dessert we were sharing, we were in Hawaii celebrating our marriage with you all…Jasmine and I want to thank you for the sacrifices you made to be there with us because you made our wedding extraordinarily special.

They asked how we spent our anniversary and my first response was, Well, it wasn’t in Barstow!! And then I let out a hardy Woo-Hoo to fully articulate my happiness. I knew JD was trying to throw me off by telling me we’d spent our anniversary stuck in the desert. And he knew I knew too.

JD had planned a relaxing day just hanging out along the Malibu coast. He procured tickets to the Getty Villa and we spent the afternoon lounging in the sun amongst Grecian and Etruscan antiquities...with my camera. It was perfect. I’m a huge fan of classical art, so the day was a little piece of paradise.


We then went to the beach and shopped along 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. JD surprised me by arranging a fabulous dinner along the coast and room at the Huntley Hotel.

Overall it was the perfect way to commemorate a successful first year. Sitting a couple days later surrounded by my closest friends I couldn’t help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim Co. said...

sounds like you had an awesome time, JD sure knows how to treat the ladies :-)!

I LOVE that pic of you (the black and white at the bottom) - if JD took that you need to sign him up for second shooting and make this a family business!!!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

Those last two pics are so haut of you two!! (Ditto on what Timco said).

Sounds like such a dream ;)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

haha...yes, JD took that picture of me. we had SO much fun just shooting everywhere! i'll make sure i pass on your props ;)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

I looove that Pic as well... Well done JD!!! You taught him well Jazzy...although... ( and not to diminish his talent...it is HARD to take a bad picture of you!!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

One hot lady:) Miss you girl:)

love love love

10:35 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

You are such a beautiful person inside and out!!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home