Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Friendly Ghost

Oh...yeah...I'm so cool. Like way cool.

There are times during a wedding or a photo shoot when I need to crouch or stand on my tippy-toes. Yup, all 5'5" of me needs every bit of help I can get. Yes, I'm only 5'5"...on a good day. Most people don't realize this because I never leave my house without heels. As in four-inch heels. All my pants are tailored to accomodate my artificial, Italian leg extensions--otherwise known as the 'pump'--so when I walk without shoes, I can give the appearance of a floating ghost. Just call me Casper.


But when I shoot, I need comfortable shoes, pratical shoes. And practicality usually means ugly...as in flat black shoes with a slight point. I sort of feel that if someone were to direct me to the Yellow Brick Road, I'd be able to represent the Lollipop Kids. Or legions of Oompa Lumpas...

Anyway, this past Friday, just before the bouquet toss, I grabbed a nearby chair to get a better angle of the bride and the lovely single ladies awaiting the flowers. Just as I leaned on my back leg, the chair folded from under me. In a split second, I saw a toothless smile and fractured arm in my foreseeable future. I waved my arms wildly--yeah, discreet I am not--and tried to keep my camera above my head. Luckily, my cat-like reflexes allowed me to land on my feet, but not without causing everyone to rush over. The wedding coordinator, Courtney Toney, was closest to me, so she tried offering a hand, but I had already landed. Like Apollo. That's how I landed.

Oh...yeah...I'm so cool. Like way cool.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

You have been hanging around me too long ;) Maybe my clumsiness is wearing off?

:)

10:58 PM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

If you it makes you feel better. You are 5 inches taller than me. I know that feeling of standing on your tippy toes and trying to get the good shots. I always want to look nice when I go to the wedding, but my ugly black flat shoes never goes with my outfit. We will have to trade secrets on styles.

10:30 AM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

If you it makes you feel better. You are 5 inches taller than me. I know that feeling of standing on your tippy toes and trying to get the good shots. I always want to look nice when I go to the wedding, but my ugly black flat shoes never goes with my outfit. We will have to trade secrets on styles.

XOXO

10:30 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

Uh oh... for a second I though we might need to go to get you some Fixadent ;) I know how it is without the Pumps....lost...lost...we're just lost I tell u!! Muahahaaha.
Glad you're okay hon!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

Uh oh... for a second I though we might need to go to get you some Fixadent ;) I know how it is without the Pumps....lost...lost...we're just lost I tell u!! Muahahaaha.
Glad you're okay hon!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home