Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hector and Kelly

The hills of Mission Viejo looked amber against the azure sky. The sun shined proudly over the Coto de Caza Country Club and the day couldn’t have been more perfect for a wedding.

Kelly surrounded herself with the closest of family and friends as she donned her wedding dress. She nervously sipped on champagne through a straw—as to not disturb the gloss resting on her lips—and paced the room for the wedding to begin.

Hector stood proudly on the balcony overlooking Coto de Caza’s golf course and recounted his morning game. His brother made fun of him and said Hector was too nervous to hit his golf ball straight. Hector laughed and said he went more balls than usual.

It’s always beautiful to see two people commit themselves to each other, but as the sun set against the Orange County sky, seeing Hector and Kelly start a new phase in their lives made the purple and pink sky seem even prettier than normal.

Here are a few from Saturday…
The dress

This flower girl couldn't get enough of the camera ;)

The ceremony

I loved the light on this little girl during the ceremony

The bouquet

Hector and Kelly just after the ceremony


Inside this beautiful box was the most delicious chocolate ever!

I couldn't help but feel a bit of foreshadowing as the ring-bearer and flower girl danced together during the couple's First Dance :)

The bride's mom brought toys for her grandchildren to be entertained during the reception...somehow, I got ahold on one...and Kelly's rock...oops, I mean 'ring' ;)

Happily ever after...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

WOW! AWESOME SHOTS!

Coto was where my first ever hill shot was! It's true! All of my good shots were originially accidents but now I try and do both of them intentionally at every wedding.

You rock!
DJ

8:20 PM  
Blogger Liana said...

JAZY-min these are STELLAR!! Awesome light and composition and color - luv em :) :)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Amelia . Lyon said...

I love these photos! you really are doing great! I seriously can't wait to shoot with you soon!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Amelia . Lyon said...

I love these photos, you really are doing awesome! I seriously can't wait till we can shoot together!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Amelia . Lyon said...

Ya, so this is my first comment posting on a blogspot...sorry for the double take!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home