Saturday, September 30, 2006

McDreamy

I want to thank everyone for your kind comments and emails regarding my anniversary. If success is reflective by friendships, love and support, then I am truly successful. I’ll post my anniversary pictures in a couple of days, but I want to tell you about this cool little story.

Last year, my best friend Jennie was asked to be a presenter at the ESPY awards here in Los Angeles. She asked me to tag along for all the fun. In addition to receiving fabulous gift bags, free clothes, and staying in one of LA’s premiere hotels, I was able to walk down the red carpet with her and the stars. Every few steps Jennie was stopped by a reporter or fashion magazine for an interview, so I happily waited in the shadows until she was done. During this time I was able to literally rub shoulders with Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, Peyton Manning, and other celebrities.

Before I get hate mail from a thousand girls, please know that I’m not an avid television watcher or girly girl. I’ve never been into TV drama like Sex in the City and Desperate Housewives, so when people encouraged me to watch Grey’s Anatomy, I did. I tried to like it, but it just did nothing for me. Because of this I’m not familiar with its plot, drama, or stars.

A couple days ago, I was emailed a picture and a few minutes later I received a myriad of phone calls from friends. They were squealing like a bunch of pre-pubescent girls at a Backstreet Boys concert. Their sounds closely resembled the livestock exhibit at the Orange County Fair.

Did you see it?
See what?
The picture of you and McDreamy?!?
Who?
Ohmygosh, please tell me you know who McDreamy is!!?
A new burger from McDonalds?

They just about killed me. When I opened the email, I was vaguely familiar with the gentleman in the foreground—did I run into him at the grocery store last week?—so when they told me he’s the star of watch Grey’s Anatomy, it all made sense.


So I guess you can say I was almost famous. Almost. I guess I can tell my future children that Patrick Dempsey and I were photographed together. Sure, he didn’t know of my existence, but, really, does it matter? ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

What?!....wow.... um, he's hot!! And... uh... YOUR HOT!!!!

Thats sooo cool Jazzy... Not only are you our resident supermodel but now your a red-carpet-walking-patrick-dempsy-shoulder-brushing-super star!!!

Your my hero Jazzy! ;)

12:52 AM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Who's that guy ruining such a great picture of you Jasmine? He must not of known they were trying to get a picture of you and he walked right in the way!

Actually... if you look at it completely two dimensionally... it looks like you're about to whisper something into his ear! :o)

2:00 AM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

Thats got to be so much fun. The only time I can say I got to rub shoulder with a celeb was when I photographed Gilby Clark mom's wedding. I didn't know who he was until his mom had told me. It didn't hit me until I saw the Supernova show on TV. I was like WOW, I photographed a celebrity up close and personal.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

Hahaha... too funny! See, it's like we were meant to be friends Jazzy - I mean McDreamy has been in both of our lives now. LOL. And isn't he Dreamy fa-sure?? (Wait don't answer that... u have your own McJD!!)
Muah!

ah---ps..I'm back in Cali in about 1 week... any Jazzy-hang-time left for moi?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

So funny! You look just like another one of the stars there in the background. :-)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

HOW COOL! I'm mad at him for letting go of Meredith last night though :(

SOOOO hoping you can make it to OSP South :) :) And JD too :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

That was me above. ;)

jn

12:40 PM  
Anonymous diane jago said...

hahahaha! That is hilarious. This whole post just built up to the beautiful photo of you lol.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home