Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Happy Birthday, Blog!

Dear Blog…

Happy Birthday! You’re a year old today and I can’t believe how we’ve grown together. You’ve changed your look (the old template did nothing for your sleek figure) and become a library of sorts. You catalogue my thoughts, fears and dreams and store them away for me to never forget how far we’ve come.

Who would’ve thought that only after a year of your inception, I’d be sitting in Cabo San Lucas with the very photographers I admired from a distance, only hoping of the chance to meet them. Life is beautiful.

Blog, please don’t let me rearrange history. You need to help me remember that starting my business was a nauseous cocktail of frustration, fear, with a splash of embarrassment. Shaken, not stirred. But times have changed. We’ve changed. My business has now become the second love of my life and that dreaded cocktail has morphed into the very drink that nourishes my soul. Blog, we’ve come a long way.

Here’s to many more entries, memories, mishaps, milestones, and adventures…

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Keep being free.
You're inspiring.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Rodolfo Arpia said...

Congrats!
Nice photo.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Happy Birthday Jazzy Blog!

You are just the cutest Jasmine. I love your third person perspective this entry.

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog. Your prayers mean the world to me.

Have a fabulous time in Cabo! I can't wait to see all your pics you get from it!

10:16 PM  
Blogger swan said...

Dear Jasmine's Blog,

I bought you a cute outfit for a 1-y-o, but you're clearly far too mature of a blog for baby's clothes. I'm impressed; at such a young age, you're so eloquent and lovely.

So, I took the outfit back.

Instead, I'll give you a gift that only a literary loving listener like yourself would appreciate:
House of Leaves
Only Revolutions: A Novel
Cryptonomicon

Since you have grown so well, I'm recommending only the most unique you.

Keep on helping Jasmine and inspiring the rest of us.

K

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the way you put that. You'er awsome Jasmine!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

You're so freaking brilliant.

Love you muchly.

amber

8:08 AM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Wonderfully put. Perfect. Happy Birthday Blog!

kt

9:15 AM  
Blogger Amanda Lock said...

Congratulations on maintaining an amazing blog for a whole year; here's hoping that there are many more years of wonderful entries! :) You are one of my favorite photographers, I check your blog on a daily basis. Thanks for the inspiration

10:19 AM  
Blogger Deyl said...

Happy Birthday Jazzy Blog!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"OHhhhhhhhhhhhhh...this is your birthday song, it isn't very long, hey!"

Happy Birthday Jasmine's Blog!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Happy birthday blog!!! You definitely grow old gracefully!!! ;)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home