Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Joe and Lori

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of second shooting with Marisa Homes Photography. I always love second shooting and this past Saturday was no exception! Marisa and I had met a few times before through [b]ecker, but it wasn't until last Saturday when we got to really get to know each other and have a blast! The wedding was unique because Marisa and the couple were her friends since high school, so it was like a mini reunion where everyone got along and happiness was oozing out of every nook and cranny. It was truly wonderful.

Joe and Lori were absolutely amazing to work with and they treated me like I had been friends with them just as long as Marisa...and to make things even better, they looked gorgeous! The wedding was on the rooftop of the Reef Restaurant, just adjacent to the Queen Mary and the day was just glorious. This is the view outside the restaurant onto the Queen Mary:
I want to thank Marisa for the invitation to shoot with her and, more importantly, Joe and Lori for sharing their special day with me! :)

Here are a few of my favorites...









As we were making our way to the Reef, the wind caught Lori's veil...





I took this picture because I thought it was hilarious that we were shooting in the street...when I saw it on Marisa's Blog, I had to post it here. She said she she'd do anything for a great shot--including getting in harm's way! You gotta love that girl! :)


A prayer just before the ceremony...

The moment just before walking down the aisle...






The Reef's Ballroom was really pretty and the Lori paid close attention to the details...


The Grand Entrance...

This little girl was following Marisa and me around the whole night..she was so cute...so I have to give her a lil blog lovin'

Happliy Ever After...


To see the wedding in its entirety, CLICK HERE for the slideshow!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

Haha... so YOUR the one you had the privilege of shooting with Marisa last Saturday! ;)

Great stuff girlie!

9:51 AM  
Blogger A Precious Moment Photography said...

I love the marina shoot. Great clouds. You did an amazing job.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Chris+Lynn said...

Super coverage! So many great moments and I love the unique angles during the getting ready - the mirror shot and one of her putting on her rings especially (were you lying on the floor?!). And gotta love that shoe shot.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Those are gorgeous Jasmine!!! I LOVE the one of her looking into the mirror that the bridesmaid is holding! Very cool! :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know I tell you this about everytime. But I love your work.

1:05 PM  
Blogger swan said...

Spectacular, as always. What a handsome portrait of the groom you captured. The eyes are so clear, the sepia just right, the composition of light/dark with the white collar and black jacket are perfect. We're all used to seeing lovely bridal shots, but that one really stood out to me.

Well done!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Amelia . Lyon said...

Jasmine,
Always amazing work from you...I could totally see you getting those crazy angles AND I bet you looked like a contortionist too:)! I'm sending some love your way for April 7th...so watch for it!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Essex Wedding Photographer said...

Amazing photography love your work!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home