Sunday, January 14, 2007

Stars, Flowers and Spreadsheets

Uuuughhhh! Why don’t they match?
Jasmine, please don’t be concerned with the font.
Yes, but I can’t concentrate if the Excel spreadsheet is so ugly.
Listen, I don’t think the IRS auditor will even care if your fonts don’t match.
But I do!

JD was hunched over my back as I organized my receipts for my accountant, but was quickly becoming frustrated working with someone who wanted a multi-colored spreadsheet and multiple fonts. I was on the verge of inserting little stars and flowers just for an extra non-taxish effect. I mean, my accountant must see thousands of spreadsheets and I wanted mine to stand out.

Jasmine, I don’t think inserting stars and flowers even matter!

I went back to working on my spreadsheet, surrounded by paper mountains of shiny receipts. Just as I was on the verge of frustration, JD—who was laying on the floor next to me—gave me an flowery alternative to my spreadsheet. On scraps of paper, he made me a flipbook. The flipbook showed a little stick man walking up to a flower, plucking it, saying ‘I Love You’, then floating off the page. It was just the break from seriousness that I needed.



So while I didn’t get to insert stars and flowers, I was able to flip through a homemade book filled with everything I couldn’t include on my spreadsheet.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger amynave said...

You guys are toooo cute:) Shyla and I were talking about you guys yesterday and we both agreed that you have the cutest relationship we have ever seen:)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

Oh my gosh..how cute is he!!! I'll agree with Amy..I haven't even met JD yet and I think you have the cutest relationship I've ever seen :-)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now thats the way to do it JD.
smOOTH.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

oh! That is SO sweet!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Look at you JD...your are raising the bar higher and higher for us single gals! ;)

Jazzy, I know I tell you this all the time but like Amy said, your relationship is truly inspiring!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

How adorable is that?!! OMG - my husband is going to HATE JD when I tell him this story! ;-)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Tim Halberg said...

shoot... I need to get on top of taxes!!!

Hehe... you two are soooo cute!!!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home