Sunday, January 07, 2007

Need Help Writing Your Bio?

I’ve received a few emails from photographers asking for a little help in writing a bio for their websites. Now, I love to help others whenever I have the chance, but lately things have been kind of stressful. I’ve actually helped a few photographers already, but I’ve been having a hard time staying in contact with those who have recently asked for some feedback or ideas.

I know how hard it is writing a bio…it an excrutiating process if you ask me. And I like to write! Most people have a hard time writing about themselves because one fears running the risk of sounding trite, foolish, conceited, lame…or an awful concoction of all of these things ☺ When I was putting my website bio together, I asked the person I trust the most when it comes to drafting a write-up: my sister.
She’s an amazing writer and gives practical advice when I’m faced with a lack of creativity. And to make things even sweeter, she's a heck of a lot nicer than me! :) She's the kind of girl who can walk into a room not knowing anyone and by the end of the night, she's swapping goulash recipes with someone's grandmother and planning weekend getaways for a group of people she's just met. She's just that nice.

In lieu of this, I’ll now be referring bio inquiries to her. If anyone is interested in her services, please feel free to email me ( jasmine@jasminestarphotography ) and I’ll forward your requests her way. Even if this is something you’re not quite sure is for you, I’m positive she won’t mind getting to know you better and sifting through various possibilities for your bio! :)

Labels:

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jasmine, you rock!!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger DrewB said...

What an awesome picture of the two of you. I don't even know which one is you!

5:49 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

She sounds just as amazing as you:)

Miss you!!!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jim Davis Hicks said...

jasmine, i thought, did she do some funky photoshop stuff or what? it looks like you and you. pretty crazy, are you guys twins?

anyway, is your sister charging for the bios, if so how much? i'd be interested.

God bless,

jim davis-hicks

7:21 AM  
Blogger Frances said...

You guys both look beautiful as always.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hi Jim!
Thanks for your questions, as I should have addressed them earlier :)
Yes, she will charge for her work, but her prices aren't high at all. I'm sure she she gives custom quotes according to what the client needs done. For example, her prices would be different for a completely new bio versus a bio that merely needs to be corrected/dressed-up. Drop her an email and she'll discuss you're possibilities.
Lastly, the bios are more of a labor of love for her...she's finishing her Master's Degree, so she wants to finally write again for the love of writing and not for academics :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jamine,
This is great, I think I'll use her when I am ready to do our site all over. Seriously though, which one is you?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jessica C. Moritz said...

Oh Jasmine, can totally relate to what you said in your post. I have two blogs and it has been way too much lately!!! (what did I get myself into?) ;)
That image of you two is just amazing, you two are absolutely beautiful!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Joshua Smith-Cinematographer said...

Yall both look so beautiful!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hahaha! Amelia, I'm the one on the left! :) You couldn't tell?!?

5:26 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Yay, I guessed right:)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

I am so in! Sign me up!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, great post.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Jasmine, I need writing Biography information and help. From this post, I knew many interesting things. I really impressed about this article. I also share a resource for your checking and opinion http://www.bioexamples.net/useful-biography-examples/

1:43 AM  
Blogger Arthur Mendoza said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Fernando P. Ortiz said...

It is true that people need help to complete a bio graphy so that they can research more on that topic and make it good in everyway infront of people. http://www.biographywritingservices.com/administrative-assistant-bio-writing/ You can fine more update here about academic papers writing.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous this site said...

Here you have shared the good info for the students. The development, for instance, usage of web moreover influence the morals, as the adolescents get drew in with the things that are not for them.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The entire time allotment you will be business undertaking such instructional exercise website however proposals, chances are high that your key obsession can obviously be utilizing current disclosures besides to revelation.

8:46 AM  
Blogger RobertKY said...

I will follow that site to acquire further info about writing Bio. Well, If you need help in writing bio then must check out our work. Here you will get samples of bio which help you in writing bio of someone personality. Here is a link http://www.bioexamples.net/short-bio-examples-for-you/

7:32 AM  
Blogger Keith F. Mount said...

Superb post! The educator is the best individual who imparts our insight to their understudy through instructing. Educator setting aside opportunity to put resources into the association with their understudy. You can visit site to take in numerous thoughts from the great instructor.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home