Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Broccoli Diet and the New Year

Today I’ve had the opportunity to take a step back and think about the New Year. Now, I know I can make a bunch of resolutions, but the problem with resolutions is that I don’t keep them. Case in point: I’ve been vowing since I was eleven years old to be on a strict diet (somehow the Broccoli and Water Diet never seems to stick). Many years later, I’m still resolving to lose the soft folds of skin that seem to gravitate in areas that shall remain nameless.

Seeing how I’m going to keep my weight loss wishes on a minimum, I’m going to make just one resolution: To be a better person. I know I can only do this with Divine assistance, so I’m going to have to pray more. Which will help me be a better Christian…which will help me be a better wife…which will help me be a better daughter…which will help me be a better sister…which will help me be a better friend…which will help me be a better ______________ (noun). If I keep my priorities aligned, everything else will fall into place.



So while I’m still secretly going to give that Broccoli and Water Diet another whirl, I know that I this year what I really want is to be a better person.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger amynave said...

Girl you're beautiful!!!!!!!! Inside and out:)

9:24 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

"I’m going to make just one resolution: To be a better person. I know I can only do this with Divine assistance"

uhhh...if you become any better you will be the divine!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

You have no need to ever ever ever even lose one pound. You are the most stunningly beautiful person I have ever seen in real life.

Ever.

And you're real too. That amazes me.

I am so blessed to know you.

love.

amber

10:11 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Thanks guys! But I really posted this because I need to be accountable. To myself mainly, but to those who know me as well. If I'm struggling with being patient, I want someone to keep me in check. And this also pertains to my sweet tooth. I'm kinda hoping sugar begins tasting like aluminum sometime soon! :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

JASMINE, you are absolutely beautiful the exact way you are. I agree with Amber when she said you were the most stunnigly beautiful person I ever met. You may not realize it, but a lot of people look up to you and the examples you set in different areas of your life. Please don't go now and starve yourself on only broccolli! But I do relate about the sweets, they are my weakness too. :-)

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home