Friday, December 15, 2006

Website Launch

The night before Christmas has always held a special place in my heart. Growing up, I’d have a hard time falling asleep knowing Santa would climb through the dryer’s lint trap. The houses on my street didn’t have chimneys, so the neighborhood kids came to a consensus: Santa visits through the lint trap. It made total sense back then.

I’d leave cookies, milk, and a detailed letter explaining that while I appreciated his kind gift-giving gestures, I knew that Christmas was really a celebration of Christ’s birth, and not about elves in the North Pole toiling away on my behalf. Oh, and he could leave the Strawberry Shortcake Doll in my stocking. Thank you very much.

Despite the modest gifts my parents were able to provide, we always had a great time opening our presents under the tree and eating a delicious breakfast afterward. It was a day I looked forward to all year and it never failed to disappoint.

There’s been few times since childhood that I’ve been able to wait in eager anticipation, but last night was one of those nights. I received an email from my web designer and, after months of waiting, my web site is ready to launch.



I have SO many people to thank (and I mentioned few in my BIO section), but I have to thank three people especially right now:
*Alan at Palladian Solutions for working so diligently on my website and dealing with my random “Can you change the dangling thingy after the fade-out thing” requests :)
*Jessica Claire for giving the site to me. Yes, I said give. She was absolutely gracious in blessing me with this site, so I owe her a plethora of kudos and a basket of heartfelt ThankYou’s!
*Lastly, I have to thank JD…again. Although words will never suffice, I must thank the human that has morphed into my backbone. Without him, I’m sure I’d resemble an amoebic mess throughout this process, so I’m stapled to his heart for his kindness.

It’s funny how life works. I’m older now, so I know Santa doesn’t visit through lint traps (although I have a chimney should he want to stop by!), but it’s nice to have that feeling of anticipation settle into your stomach. I woke up this morning not to wrapped presents and a Strawberry Shortcake Doll, but to a new website. And I’m so thankful for the many gifts in my life.

JASMINE STAR PHOTOGRAPHY. COM

14 Comments:

Blogger Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

Congratulations Jasmine! Good times.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation! Great web site! I like it a lot!!! I just lunched mine not long ago and know what you feel. I still do some tweaks here and there...

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!! JASMINE!!!!!
It looks absulutely A M A Z I N G!!!
Girl you'll be at 20k in no time!!!
Serioulsy I am so proud of all that you have accomplished in such a short time! Wow.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jasmine! Congratulations!! Your website made me get teary reading all about you, even the FAQ's! It's great to see such an example for other young women to see and follow. The Lord has truly blessed you and I pray that joy and peace continue to be with you and JD as you go through the Journey He's laid out for you.
Blessings - ili :)

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jasmine! I am so happy and excited for you. I love the website. You totally inspire me. =)
frances

2:18 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

THANKS everyone! The emails and these comments made today so wonderful!
Greg, you know you are one of the reasons I'm able to have a site!
Oleksander, thanks for your kind words...I'll be getting back to your email ASAP :)
Ili and Frances...can you believe it?!?! Ahhhhhh, didn't it seem like yesterday when we were discussing sites?!
Sarah, you mean the world to me!!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Yea! Good for you! We are working on our new one too. We are locking ourselves in the house-so to speak this weekend. Hopefully the finished product will be worth it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the children's section. :)

Katie

7:15 PM  
Blogger DrewB said...

Congrats Jasmine! It looks awesome! Now, I hope that "blech" feeling is gone :) Get excited!!!

Drew

12:11 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

JASMINE!! oh my gosh..where do I begin? Here I am home editing on a Friday night at 12:30am and I needed a break. I go visit all my regular blogs and checked yours and discovered your website is up!!!! OH my gosh..it's gorgeous!!! I am so happy for you!

Can't wait for lunch next week so we can talk all about it! BTW, love the music!! Guess you won't be needing my sister! ;-)

Take Care!
Trista

12:40 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Squuuuuueeeeeeal!!!!!

Yay, alas, the long awaited website has arrived. I am truly elated for you... :D


Beautiful Biography.... Beauutiful Pictures...beautiful YOU!

Dont ever let me hear you say you dont think your work is good enough, again.. got it?!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Jim Cook said...

Awesome!!!!! You rock!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Goodness...people you all are the BEST!!
Katie, I can't wait to see your new site...have fun on 'lockdown' today ;)
Drew, your know my long-lost triplet...so your words mean so much!
Trista, I can't wait for lunch!!! Your sister's work is awesome and I'm sure I'll be calling her in the future! See you soon!
Shy, have fun in Mexico!!
Jim Cook...you rock. Just a few months ago, you were holding my wedding dress on the beach at Mike's seminar while I shooting...and now I have a site!! Life is good.

Love ya people..........mmmmwwwwaaa!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! The new site is hot!! I love the picture selection, the song, the look, everything! You go girl!! Hot stuff will be coming your way soon! It's fun to be on this journey with you!

God bless,
Scarlett :-)

9:02 PM  
Blogger brittany leigh said...

Your site is AMAZING!!! :) I'm working on mine right now! It's beautiful! and your Bio blows me away! :)

hehe AND Gav and I made it on there! hehe.

have a wonderful week!!!

hope I get to see you soon!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home