Saturday, December 02, 2006

Monopoly

When I was young, I’d often organize the neighborhood kids for a game of Monopoly. Because I was the ring-leader, I’d have first choice to the game pieces (I’d always choose the racecar), I’d claim the role as banker, and dutifully explain the game rules. We’d then sit around for hours trying to buy railroad stations and brightly colored properties, only to later decorate the properties with red houses.

I played with such fervor. Passion. I played as if one day I’d actually own a red home on Park Place.

Years later, I suppose the love for owning property hasn’t subsided. After lots of prayer and serious considerations, JD and I bought out first investment property in Texas!! Everything worked out so well and we got such a phenomenal deal…the best part is that we already have a renter lined up for a two-year lease! We’re SO excited and have our families to thank. For years we’ve heard our parents talk about how they wish they invested in property, but just couldn’t afford to take the risk. Well, I’m not sure if JD and I can afford to take the risk either, but we’re still going to. Life’s too short not to step out on a limb and jump.

Without further adieu, here’s our Texas home…


As a sidenote, I’d also like to thank our families in advance for being so understanding when they receive their Christmas gifts from us ;) I’m sure they’ll love the bag of peanuts, a tangerine, and the pair of socks they’re all going to get in their stockings this year!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

NO WAY! Wow! That is awesome!!! I will move to Texas if you guys do! Continue my pursuit of a nice southern belle!

10:42 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

Oh wow, that's amazing:)

So excited for you guys!!!!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Sorry, Deej, we're not moving to Texas, so your pursuit of a Southern Belle will remain stagnant for a bit longer ;)

Thanks, Aims...you're always so supportive! :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

AWESOME! Good for you two! We luv great investment deals ;)
We're so happy for you guys and way to take risks! If you need any more support when it comes to these things, we are here for you :) Now...wanna buy our TN rental home or our FL home ?? :) :)

jn

2:38 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Jasmine! Wow! That is so exciting!!! And now is definitely the time to buy!
It has totally been one of my dreams to get into real estate too!
And my dad just told me to go buy a house!! haha! So I'm in the process of working on that now!! lol!
So excited for you both! :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Joy...the way market is in Orlando now, i'd totally jump on your home...if it wasn't so outta our price range!! :)

Sarah...you're amazing!! I can't believe you'd own a home before you'd be able to legally drink!?! ;)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

CONGRATS you two!!! Wow, timing is so funny. You'll never believe what I did today..... ;)

I challenge you to a monopoly duel next time. Fun!!!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaahhhhh, and the details that surround these transactions! Loren-zo

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back in 5th grade, Jon and I used to eat popcorn and play Monoploy every day after school. We became tycoons in his parents living room on Carmel Ave.

To this day, I have never found a Monoploy player his equal. And I have never lost a game to anyone else in 30 years (except my wife, who I let win -shhh, don't tell her).

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home