Monday, November 27, 2006

Felipe, Baseball, and Long Walks on the Beach

I met up last week with Felipe last week because he was in need of pictures. Having never met before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but the minute we shook hands, his smile put me at ease. I came to find out that he's a professional baseball player in the Appalachian League and played with the Yankees when the team won the World Series. He was also part of his college NCAA national championship baseball team. During the off-season he returns to his home and trains in Southern California. It was suggested by a mentor that he get pictures together because, well, he's not sore on the eyes and this could work in his favor in terms of marketing. And modeling.

That's where I came in. Having never met before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but the minute we shook hands, his smile put me at ease. As we worked together, we got to know each other and soon started joking around and laughing. When we changed locations, we got into my car and drove to the next spot. During this time, I explained that I'd use his pictures on my blog and wanted to make sure it wasn't a conflict of interest. When he gave me the go-ahead, I began with the question asking (because I always ask too many questions!). So, I queried, tell me more about yourself. Well, he slowly responded, I like to eat alot and I like long walks on the beach.

I didn't mean to, but I laughed out loud. My blog, I said, is not a dating service! I mean, if you'd like I can mention you like long walks on the beach, but I don't think it's necessary :) He thought about it for a second, pensively squinted, and then shrugged. Yeah, he said, you can put that in your blog.

So, for all you single ladies out there, Felipe likes long walks on the beach :)

Here are a few from our shoot...







Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

:) cute.


I like the ballpark ones alot... you did a great job girlie!

you know, turning your blog into a dating service may not be a bad idea....us single gals could definately benefit...lol ;)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Liana said...

oh... my heart skipped a beat on the 1st one.

No wonder I didn't get a call this evening ;) :P

The blue ones are totally commercial - you go girl!!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felipe is a very handsome man, however he not only has looks, his friends have nothing but great things to say about him. He is just an all around good guy. The pictures are fabulous and they really capture Felipe's passion; BASEBALL.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Felipe!
but how come you didn't show those pearly whites of yours?
Well, the one of you holding the baseball bat behind your neck and looking away is my fav.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home