Thursday, December 14, 2006

SB Party Crashers

This past week I’ve been feeling a little ‘blech’. You know, ‘blech’. That’s an emotion somewhere between ugh and argh. Nothing’s wrong and life is still beautiful, but I was just feeling a little blech. And just when I wanted to throw a pity party— and RSVP just myself—I got a call from some friends.

Justin and Amelia Lyon called and invited JD and I to take a drive to Santa Barbara for the PUG Christmas Party. It was totally random and unannounced, but just what I needed to hear. Sure, we’d show up late, but who cared?

As we hobbled through traffic, we talked, laughed, debated…it was wonderful. The night could have ended with of our conversation and I would have been completely happy! However, the night only got better when we met up with a great group of Santa Barbara photographers. Michael and Anna Costa hosted a wonderful party and considering it was their first official duties as the new PUG leaders, they set the bar really high ;)

After the party, a group of us went to Arigato for sushi. It’s hands down the best sushi I’ve ever eaten and I make it a point to eat there at least once when I’m in Santa Barbara.
Here are a few pictures (taken by Amelia, Justin, JD, Ricki, and Michael)

A self portrait of me and Amelia

Justin and Ricki hated the sushi

Tim Halberg is one of my favorite people...here he is loving his sushi ;)




The night finished at DJ’s where people sat around a cozy fire and talked. And I have to say that DJ is quite the barista…he has this new fancy schmancy espresso machine and made drinks for all who were willing to watch his coffee making skills in action ;)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!!!! Looks like it was such a blast!!! So wish I lived closer!! :)
-Sarah Barlow

For some reason I can't leave a comment with my blogger profile:(

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Yes, sarah, we all wish you lived closer too!! :) Why don't you just pack your bags and move?!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA!!! I would in an instant!
Once I take over the Chicago market I'll be right out there;) LOL!

...no overhead really keeps me out here;) hehe!
You all should just move out here!

3:23 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Hey beautiful!!!!'

It was sooo great seeing you and JD.....

Love you tons

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home