Monday, August 07, 2006

A Favor for a Frappacino

How ‘bout this one, JD asked me from across the room. He puckered his lips tightly and scrunched his eyes.

Or this one, JD said as he placed his hands on his hips, hunched over, and gathered his eyebrows in the center of his forehead, as if sewn together in a zig-zag formation.

I rolled my eyes as I packed his suits and ties into a travel bag. As I zipped the bag closed, he noticed my patience was wearing tissue-thin, so he said, One more…com’on one more. He smiled so big that the veins in his neck stuck out and his eyes became saucer size.

Not funny, I said.
You know I’m only doing this because I love you, Jasmine.
I know, I replied.

And I know the only reason he agreed to model for Mike Colon was because he knew it would mean a lot to me. That’s why I let the last two weeks of Zoolander impressions not faze me…and his asking for Orange Mocha Frappacinos ;)

When JD and I pulled into the Ritz Carlton valet, the sky was the color of ash, but the salty air made the morning crisp and refreshing. We were scheduled to meet Rita—Grace Ormonde’s West Coast Contributing Editor—in the Monarch Courtyard, so we quickly passed the rows of fresh hydrangeas in large crystal vases and scurried into the courtyard.

By the time Mike arrived, we were flying at warp speed taking pictures of one beautiful bouquet to another. As JD swapped ties to match a certain bouquet, he glanced up and saw me staring at a distance. Thank You, I mouthed, hoping he could read my lips. And even if he couldn’t, I knew he was reading my heart.

A few from the shoot...
A bouquet from R. Jack Balthazar:






















A bouquet from the fabulous Nisie Vorachard at Enchanted Florist:























Mike doing what he does best:

6 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

You know... Your children will DEFINATELY be models with haut parents who look so good in front of the camera! :)
Yay! I cant wait to see the magazine!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

So awesome! You should really be a writer! I love to read your blog! I love the way you tell stories!!!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

What fun! And all in good practice for Cabo ;) Only a few more da-aaayyyyss....... yeah!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

With girls like you in my life...how could I go wrong!?!
:)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Your blog is amazing. I love the way you write and always look forward to your next post. Well done Jasmine...looks like you are living your life with passion.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Michael Norwood said...

Grace Ormonde, Colon's Seminar, Xtreme... So when is JD quitting his job to model full time?

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home