Thursday, July 27, 2006

France does Italy

Perhaps it was the torches that lit the path to Sara’s front door that tipped me off…or maybe it was the aromas floating from the kitchen…it also could have been the netted lounge area with over-stuffed pillows, the abundance of lemoncello, and a PowerBook sitting by the bar flashing beautiful images from Italy that let me know this was not an average party.

When I received Sara’s evite, I thought it was a I-just-returned-from-Italy-and-I-want-to-show-you-my-pictures party, but I couldn’t be more wrong. What it turned out to be was more along the lines of My-name-is-Sara-France-and-I-am-so-fabulous-that-I’m-bringing-Italy-to-you party. Really. Bruschetta, gnocci, shrimp tossed in white wine alfredo, broiled chicken with rosemary, Italian cheeses, roasted peppers. It was the kind of food that might make Michelangelo regret he wasn’t around. Kristen from Your Day and Sara procured a phenomenal chef who kept shuttling platters from the kitchen to the table. Just when everyone agreed that another morsel of food would cause zippers to break and buttons to pop, Kristen brought out the gelato. Using tiny silver spoons, we shoveled spumoni onto our tongues and spoke lovingly about the black cherries and pistachios that hid in the gelato. And just when things couldn’t get better, the rain began. It wasn’t a downpour, it was humidity dressed in raindrops. Most of us gathered under the cabana umbrellas and jumped into each other’s conversations. When the rain subsided a few minutes later, everyone remained under the cabanas. Chairs were placed in a circle and the conversation lasted past midnight. The party was so much fun I didn’t even grumble when JD and I had to drive all the home from San Diego.

I met so many amazing photographers—who just so happen to be even better people—and I’m so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful support system.

Sara, you’re party was just as fun, wonderful, and beautiful as you…thanks for such a great time! And know when I throw a party, YOU’RE in charge! ;)

On a completely horrifying note, I stole the following pictures from Shyla’s blog. She bought a new Mac, so we had a little “fun” during the party with Photobooth. I’m not sure if JD really understands the love-affair I have Photobooth, but he was sweet enough to play along. Little did I know that Shyla was taking our pictures from a distance…

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Norwood said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Michael Norwood said...

WELL, I was going to write about the party on my blog but you so eloquently encapsulated our evening I don't think there's much left to cover. It was great meeting you and JD last night. Hope to see you guys again soon!

5:52 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Too much fun:) lets get together soon:)

11:29 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

Wow, I think you wrote a press release! That was amazing! Thank you so much for making the trip down. It was a crazy day today, but I promise to post pics soon! The party was only great because I have the greatest friends who helped and attended!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Sara, the party was fabulous because of the people, the food...and the hostess! ;) Thanks again for everything!

Amy, I'd LOVE to get together and chat real soon!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home