Saturday, July 29, 2006

Pineapple Ice Cream on Main Street

But Jasmine, JD said in astonishment, you’re in the same position I left you in this morning. I looked up with glazed eyes and smiled lethargically. I had been editing all day and only left my computer when it was time to eat lunch. JD just walked in from work and was trying to convince me to see the light of day. I know, I know I said as I stumbled into the shower.

As I was toweling my hair, JD raised his voice from our room and told me he had a date planned. To be honest, I didn’t really want to leave the comfort of home, but obliged. On our way to our favorite Mongolian BBQ restaurant, I thanked JD for pulling me away from my computer.

We stood watching the grill cook sauté our food through the glass window and waited for him to say, ‘Sank-you’, when we dropped our tips in the glass jar. I replied with a sank-you and made my way back to the table. So, where are we finishing our date, I asked JD while blowing onto my steaming chopsticks. He coyly smiled and shrugged.

When we pulled into the Disneyland parking lot, I was elated. Life doesn’t get too much better than a great dinner and visiting The Happiest Place on Earth. I made a mental checklist of the rides we just had to visit, with the Tower of Terror ranking first.

Toward the end of the evening, JD and I made our way to the Tiki Room. JD was craving the pineapple soft-serve ice cream and while we waited in line, the firework show was beginning. Normally, people have to wait an hour or so to get decent views of the show, but JD and I nestled ourselves into an empty corner and watched the fireworks while sharing the ice cream. Just as the Indiana Jones theme music played, JD leaned over and whispered: Happy 10-month Anniversary.


I.totally.forgot. We like to do something simple to commemorate our month anniversaries because, well, you only get one 10-month anniversary…and I totally forgot. Thank you, I whispered back. That was all I could say.

Thank you, JD, for pulling me away from the computer, laughing at my ‘sank-you’, sharing pineapple ice cream on Main Street, and being a wonderful husband.

2 Comments:

Blogger kristinbednarz said...

Okay, Jasmine. That was ultra sweet of your man!

You don't know me from Adam, but I stumbled across your blog from either Jess's or Mike's. Not sure which.

I'm usually up late editing and thought how sweet that was, your 10th month anniversary. Just thought I'd say Congrats.

See you around!
Kristin

10:39 PM  
Blogger Cameron Ingalls said...

that is awesome! sounds like you've got a great man!!!

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home