Thursday, March 29, 2007

Infidelity

I’ve always considered myself a good girl. A loyal girl. Monogamy is something precious and the cornerstone of a healthy relationship. I’ve always thought that nothing could come between JD and me, but another male has entered my life and now my love is torn in two. I know this blog isn’t the place to talk about love triangles, but I need to come clean.

When I landed at LAX—coming home from WPPI—JD pulled curbside and jostled my bags into the trunk. Then I saw him. Not JD, I saw him. The thing I’ve always desired in a relationship finally came to fruition…he sat in the passenger seat and looked at me with gazing, beady eyes, licked his lips and shook the hair on his chest. Yes, he’s hairy. As in covered in hair.

I’ve wanted a dog for months. No, years. I’ve wanted a dog for years. I’m home a lot on my own and it can get lonely, so I’ve begged JD to open his heart (and…ahem…his wallet) and buy me a furry friend. Well, it looks like my waiting days are over. I couldn’t be more excited!!!


I was practically in tears bringing him home because he’s the most precious dog in the world. No, really, he’s the cutest thing ever. Like dog model cute. And he’s a canine genius. Sure, he runs into walls and can’t jump off our bed, but behind his perky ears lay the next big thing to challenge National Geographic’s, The Dog Whisperer.


Today we spent the entire day together running errands—the people at the Canon Service Center in Irvine just loved him, the office workers at the post office cooed over his docile posture as he lay in my arms, and the baristas at Jamba Juice threw in a free wheat grass shot for me…people, the dog is my new lucky charm.


So while my monogamous days are over, JD is okay with my new dispersal of love. I mean, with one look from this puppy, he’d melt anyone’s stone heart.

Unfaithfully Yours,
Jasmine*

Labels:

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I have been begging chris to let me get a dog for a long time, so I'm living vicariously through you :) What a sweet thing!!

Hope you're doing well! Great post as always :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

OMG!!! How adorable!! You are one lucky girl Jasmine! :) I'm planning on getting a little Yorky soon and sooo can't wait!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Liana said...

SHUT up!

Okay, really!

Were we not JUST talking about this. Wow. Speechless. Looks like it was worth the wait ;)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Soooo cute! I know what you mean. Our little Lucy (golden retriever) is definitely the apple of our (deyl and my) eye. Get ready for lots of laughs with your new furry friend. It would be fun sometime to get the three of you and the three of us together for a little puppy play date if your ever up in Santa Barbara. Enjoy! It’s the best!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

Awwww..how cute!!!! Congratulations!! JD is such a sweet hubby! You and JD are going to love this puppy so much..I just know it!! I definitely need to come over and play with your new hairy baby!!

Can't wait to see you and the girls again..miss you too!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

No more mysterious noises coming from the trunk!!!
;)

Yay!!!

Whats his name Jazzy??

11:04 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

He's adorable!!!!!!! I want one now:)

So great seeing you this week....

Love ya

11:11 PM  
Blogger scott neumyer said...

adorable!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

awwwwww! So stinkin cute!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Alison B. said...

That is one cute puppy.
What's his name?

6:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

Oh my goodness!!! He is so adorable! What is your lover boy's name? :)

7:23 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

JD and I hard a hard time choosing a name, but once we saw him run, we laughed hysterically because he looked like a polar bear. We started calling him 'Polo' and now the name's just stuck :)
His name's Polo, but I call him 'Po Fabulous' for short ;)

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's small enough to fit into a shootsac!

You can take him EVERYWHERE!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger daria said...

that is just about the cutest thing ever!! have fun with precious bundle of fur!
i enjoyed meeting you in vegas!
~daria

11:36 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

He is the cutest!!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awwwwww! I officially have a dog crush now. Shhh, don't tell my little one. Is Polo a poodle? He looks a lot like Rhett did when he was a pup.

10:10 PM  
Blogger DrewB said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait for Polo and Hauggy to have their first play date!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

Man,

I think I need to get a cute little dog just for all the free stuff I would get once I step outside my front door with him!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

Oh wow, what a cute dog, my family had one of those growing up, her name was taffy cause she was that color, kinda white, with taffy highlights all over. she is 14 and still kickin it. people still think she is a puppy, but i love your shots of your dog. nice!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Marianne Lozano said...

Sooo adorable! I can't get over how cute your he is.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

So cute!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home