Saturday, March 24, 2007

Melissa and Josh : Engagement

We drove onto the San Pedro Air Force base as tall palm trees extended their heads toward the blue sky. After previously submitting my name and personal information for a federal background check, Melissa and Josh were able to get me onto the base for their engagement photos. Walking through the lush green parade grounds, Melissa recounted how she met Josh. Having earned her degree from Stanford University, she procured a job with the Air Force…where Josh serves as an engineer and consultant. During a company BBQ, she saw Josh sitting on a bench and approached casually. Here’s where the story has two diverging accounts…
1. Josh says Melissa pursued him and couldn’t stay away from him.
2. Melissa says Josh was pleasant during their BBQ conversation. A short time later, he asked her out. She vacillated just long enough to make him a little nervous, then accepted his invitation.
For some reason, I believe Melissa. And this is not only because Josh told me he was a professional model…and a professional soccer player…before becoming an engineer ;)

We spent the afternoon laughing until our sides ached and that’s when I realized what made Josh and Melissa’s relationship so special: Their joy for life seeps out from their buoyant personalities and spreads to those around them. Even though Melissa has battled health complications and surgeries, Josh’s ability to make her laugh is truly what makes their love apparent.

I’m truly honored to be a part of the totally awesome wedding they have planned at Shutters on the Beach in August…I can’t wait!

Here are a few of my favorites…













To see their engagement session in its entirety, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Another great e-shoot. Did he lick her face lol?
Hey hit my blog I put a world map on it then I can have a red dot on it from california.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

great e-shoot

10:31 PM  
Blogger anna joy said...

!! That looks like so much fun!!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Peter Chung said...

Hi Jasmine,

I have been reading your blog for a while now and I love your work!

Not only do you take great images but you get to know the couple and help us, as the reader, to get to know them as well!

I really appreciate your talent and skill in bringing out the personalities in your couples! Great job!

Peter Chung
http://kairosweddingfilms.com

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Thanks for the feedback...just so you know...my Commentors get bonus cool points ;)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home