Wednesday, April 25, 2007

They're Made for Walkin'

You’re not wearing those again, are you?

JD asked this question, but already knew the answer. Yes. Yes, I was wearing my orange suede cowboy boots to my engagement session today. And? And JD hates those boots—he hates them with a hate reserved usually for puppy-kickers and Milli Vanilli. I, however, have worn the same boots to almost every shoot and love them. I love them for their tackiness, for their originality, and for their splash. They were a gift from my mother when she visited Italy and while I disliked them initially, they’ve grown on me.

I think the boots are ingenious. They are perfect for all types of terrain and ideal when I shoot on the beach because I don’t have to worry about sand creeping into the crevices of my toes. Ingenious!

Today, while on the shoot, my couple decided to splash around in the chilly water. Not wanting to miss each moment, I debated soaking them entirely. Just as I was going to submerge them, Carli (my future bride), screamed Noooo!. Apparently, she likes my style…and my orange suede boots.

So, it appears that JD will have to continue to see me don my chic shoes for a bit longer. They’re covered in sand and slightly wet, but they’re still alive and kickin’. And when JD asks why I’m still wearing them to engagement shoots, I’ll obnoxiously reply, “Because they’re made for walkin’…and that’s just what I’ll do…I’m gonna walk all over you!”

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jasmine,
This is my first post on your blog, & I have to say, I have become a regular here. I really enjoy your style!!!! As far as the boots go.....why is that MEN think they can criticize our style???? Fashionable or not, they just can't compare...LOL....ENJOY YOUR BOOTS!!!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jessica C. Moritz said...

Haha, Jasmine you are too funny!
And btw, I think the boots ooze style (I mean they are Italian, Hello!!) Keep on walking !

2:15 AM  
Blogger Melissa Koehler said...

The boots look marvelous darling ;)
You are too funny!

7:11 AM  
Blogger nicole green said...

umm those are the best shoes i've ever seen! :D i wish i could pull those off!

7:11 AM  
Blogger gabriel ryan said...

number one: love the boots.
number two: you and jd are a rockstar team.
number three: you two helped create moments we will take with us into our grey years.
thanks.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't even think about ruining those jas! the shoes that we initially aren't crazy about, but that grow on us, are ALWAYS the best. they become the staple of our wardrobe i swear.

i found this hot pair of suede slip ons in this great little shop when alisha and i went out shopping last winter, and i thought they were kinda cool but maybe a bit too much. i didnt buy them but i found them online and debated getting them for weeks. finally alisha ordered them without me knowing and they've become the best shoes ive ever owned.

they're totally original and create a splash as well... but that's why i love them :)

miss you!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Gabriel...you and Carli are the rockstars! I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I did with you both and I'm SO amped for your wedding!!!

Luke, suede slip-ons?! You're a man after my fashion heart! I bought JD suede slip-ons and they literally seemed to be cemented to his feet he wore them so often! ;)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Those are HOT!!!!! I love love love them! :D

They will go with my new bathroom! :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

You are a CRAZY cowgirl!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

I love your boots, especially the color!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Alison B. said...

that is hilarious.
boots for the beach - that's a great idea!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Jen Manuele said...

aaah, you don't know how refreshing it is to know that another woman, another photographer, out there somewhere understands the joy of the not-so-functional funtion of such a shoe. I too have that pair of too cute for work brown shoes with the cork heel that I romp for miles up sides of cliffs, and down on the beach in. My husband hates them...he doesn't understand. so thank you Jasmine, thank you!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Emily DeWan Photography said...

I have a soft spot for tacky orange clothing and shoes, as anyone who sees my closet will know.

Love them!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Wedding Photographer Colcehester and Suffolk said...

Hmmm!! not really sure - but you would certainly be noticed!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home