Monday, April 23, 2007

Lisa and Eric : Wedding

So, are you ready for the kiss? That seemed to be the million dollar question of the day. Lisa and Eric saved their first kiss for their wedding and the big day had finally arrived. While Lisa finished dressing, her friends doted upon her every need, so the only thing for her to do was see herself in the mirror for the first time as a bride. Upon first glance, she apprehensively sucked in her breath and covered her highly-glossed lips with a petite hand. Oh my goodness, she whispered, I look like a Mexican Barbie! Everyone laughed hysterically and ushered her away from the mirror. So, are you ready for the kiss? With her eyes cast down, a smile crept onto her lips and she said, Yes, I’m ready…I’ve waited my entire life for this moment and it’s finally here.

I have very few words for this special couple. I felt so connected to their lives and love, as did everyone who witnessed their tearful ceremony. Their entire lives were spent walking along crooked paths, leading them ultimately to each other. Their families firmly believed they were mismatches—the typical apple and orange argument—but as they said their personal vows, their love rippled throughout the church sanctuary, proving their nay-sayers wrong.

And their first kiss? Magical. I cried behind my lens. I really, really cried. Two sincere and hopeful lives became one in that beautiful moment and I was honored to be able to document it for them.

Here are a few of my favorites…








After the ceremony, we headed to Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanical Garden for their wedding pictures, but saved a good amount of energy for their bumpin' reception! ;)








If you’d like to see more of their wedding, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Emily DeWan Photography said...

They're so cute! They'll be thrilled with how much emotion you captured. Beautiful!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Jen Harris said...

So touching and the photos are beautiful! Great Work!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful! :)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

I tell you Jas. nobody I mean nooobody can write like you. Top of that, you can grab awesome frames.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Hi there! You don't know me, but I came across your blog a few weeks ago and just wanted to tell you that I absolutely adore your work. So gorgeous! :-)

8:31 AM  
Blogger anna joy said...

so adorable! i love kisser-saver couples! I want to be one myself! *sigh, sniffle*

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hi everyone! I love when new bloggers take the time to say HELLO. I look forward to checking out your blogs as well...thanks for stopping by! :)

j*

10:39 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

Great images! So many emotions!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

J-dawg, love the shot of the dress peaking through the door, and the cell phone shot!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

Beautiful work Jasmine! Love the shoe shot, and the ceremony shot with the flare!

- Nathan

6:54 AM  
Blogger Will Parris said...

All amazing images, the shoe shot is one of my favorites! But the description was just as wonderful as the images! Great job Jasmine!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger sandie jo salisbury said...

your little tell of their day is so sweet. i juat had to hold back a little tear. I always cry at the ceremony. I love the first kiss image. totally does the caption justice! You did a wonderful job and i have to add that i love the bride through the walls image!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful set here, Jasmine! Love the differnt compositions :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

Great dress and shoe shots! I also like them kissing under the cherry blossoms (or whatever they are!). Great job

5:31 AM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

Hey Jasmine!

oh my gosh...your words are just so, SO beautiful! As I was reading along, I felt like I was right there with you and it brought tears to MY eyes! And your pictures...incredible! wow, thank so much for sharing how your heart sees things!

M:)

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Wedding Photography Essex said...

Beautiful images beautiful story

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home