Monday, April 02, 2007

Alison and Matt

The music pouring from the iPod could be heard from the street. A little Country, and little Pop. The make-up artist looked at the magazine picture Alison had previously cut out as a point of reference and bridesmaids occasionally passed by them, oohing and ahhing over the bride’s metamorphosis. The windows and door were kept wide open and a light Palm Springs breeze meandered through the house. Laughter could be heard outside from the patio table. Laughter mixed with a Country and a little Pop.

Matt and his groomsmen readied themselves at the Monterey Country Club, just as the wedding coordinators and florists prepared for his wedding. Perhaps it was the warm sun that made desert calming, but as the wind blew through the palm trees, one could close her eyes and feel love.

Matt and Alison met each other while playing the field. Literally. Both avid soccer players, they met while playing in Los Angeles and fell in love shortly thereafter. Documenting their vows and commitment to each other was extraordinarily precious because they made me feel like I was part of their homespun network of friends…like I was just a friend roaming around with a camera. I LOVE when this happens! Their gorgeous wedding was in Palm Springs and I was truly honored to be a part of their day. A special thanks to Alison’s sister-in-law, Shannon Lott, for finding my blog and recommending my work…it’s the biggest compliment when an industry colleague refers my services, so I appreciate her kindness and trust.

Here are a few of my favorites…

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Alison pull out her wedding shoes from an Adidas backpack...you can take the girl off the soccer field, but you can't take soccer outta the girl! :)


The hair and makeup was done by Maria from Salon Sessions (a home salon for America's Next Top Model) in Pasadena. She's awesome!









The following two shots were captured by JD...how adorable is the flower girl?!



Apparently the flower girl found a new use for her Dora the Explorer stickers during the toast! :) JD captured this shot...


To their wedding in its entirety, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

JD did a great job! I love that last shot!!!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Those are so gorgeous Jasmine!! That is so adorable that JD is shooting with you!! And he's really good too! :)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are beautiful, I love the last shot way to go JD!

6:57 AM  
Blogger nicole green said...

they're all beautiful but i loooove the flower shot in the window. :D

7:15 AM  
Blogger anna joy said...

So amazing, It id really neat watching your style grow and get better every time you post on this blog! you inspire me :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Awesome shots. Love it.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Shannon Lott said...

I love the photos! It was a perfect day, and you captured it great, including the awesome lighting! It was so nice finally meeting you and JD. You did an amazing job and I'm so happy I found you:)

Can't wait to see all of them.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

The last one is great!!!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

you took amazing shots of the little flower girl! holy schnikes, Nice work,

2:25 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

You're so good!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

you are a prodigy in everything you put your hand to.

and I LOVE you

5:33 PM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

That bouquet shot is H-O-T!! Way to go girl! Talent is your slave!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Steven Kang said...

Great job as always.
Since we all know how you two love to out do one another. LOL.
I think I'll bet my money on JD.
Look out Jas, JD just might out perform you someday. Good eyes JD.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Trista said...

Awesome!! That flower shot is definitely my fav!! I'm going to keep telling you this..im jealous that your husband loves you more than my hubby loves me :-(

10:57 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I totally love that boquet shot! And the one of the groom....his eyes are killer!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jasmine...that first shot definitely rocks. Love it!!!

11:00 AM  
Blogger allan z. said...

thanks for the comment! :)

i saw you in the [b] party..looks like you were in a rush and almost ran over my leg in the hallway! LOL

your work is AWESOME BTW!!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home