Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day!

On this Labor Day, I'm SO happy to announce my new and improved business card! It seems like I waited forever for something to fit, so when I finally decided on a logo, it was a move in the right direction. I also think it's appropriate to make this announcement on Labor Day because, well, these cards will make me more laborious ;)


Last Saturday morning, I picked up the cards from my printer and I immediately called JD with the good news. Later that day, on our way to a party I was going to shoot, he detoured by South Coast Plaza. Confused, I insisted his shopping couldn't be so important to make me late, but he said he really needed new undershirts. Undershirts. As in white t-shirts worn UNDER the actual shirt.

You're kidding, right?
Com'on, JD said as he turned into the Nordstrom parking lot, I'll only be five minutes.

We entered South Coast from the bridge-side entrance, so when JD dragged me into the Louis Vuitton store, I was thoroughly confused.

What are we doing here, I whispered.
Well, now that you have business cards, you need something to put them in, don't you?


Seriously, if I was half as thoughtful as he, I'd be canonized. He's well on his way to sainthood, but in the meantime, while he's on Earth with me, he makes a phenomenal business partner.

14 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Thanks for the continued teaching JD. I'm learning lots from your brilliance! Keep it up!

:)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Rodolfo Arpia said...

Nice Jasmine!

Love the logo, love the cards, love LV and love the blog's new look and feel!

Take care
Rudy

1:32 PM  
Blogger climbergal said...

Congratulations Jasmine! Those are really nice looking cards and I love what you've done with your blog and your website. May you continue on with your success. I saw you and JD at the San Diego PUG a couple of months ago and I didn't get a chance to say hi, but you two are as lovely as you the words you use to describe everything in life. Keep up the great work!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Thanks everyone!
Climbergal...I wish you would have said hello because I love meeting other photographers! :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger climbergal said...

Jasmine - I'm sure we'll cross paths soon enough and I'll see you again. I think it was just that it was a long day for me that day and more than likely I was a little tired - not in the best frame of mind for being social. Nevertheless, I'm keeping up with you and your blog like so many other fans. I've been nothing but impressed by your words and your work! Don't ever stop being you. Oh...you and JD make the perfect pair!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

um... does JD have a single brother?

;)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Speaking of that... I need some new undershirts.

Maybe I could convince JD to take me to the mall.

:o)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Hahaha! No, Shy, JD does not have a single brother, but if he did, I'd most definitely hook y'all up...because, you know, your taxi cab light is now on ;)

Brett, knowing what type of person JD is, I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking you to the LV store as well...he's just that kind of person! I'm telling you, he's unreal.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Great logo & cards! You're the best! It was so fun seeing you in Santa Barbara. I hope we cross paths soon.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

WOW! Love the logo and the card.
i'm having a hard time find a designer that gets my style. so far i've seen flowers and butterflies and plain type.

oh yeah nice card holder too!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Deyl said...

i want one!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Tim Halberg said...

Can I get a husband like that???

11:06 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

Me first Tim! Cute story!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home