Sunday, April 02, 2006

Two Schools

There are two schools of thought, one of which I'm still trying to decide is more effective. For one, there's the School of Tough Love. This is the school my sister attends and receives stellar grades. In fact, she'd be the valedictorian, if one existed. She'll tell me things exactly how they are and I have to deal with them. No niceties or beat-around-the-bushness in her world, just straight up honesty.

The other school of thought is the one JD subscribes to...The School of Positive Reinforcement and Constructive Criticism. He tells me the same thing my sister tells me, just sweeter. He prefers sucrose words and candied comments.

Both approaches work, but there are times when they conflict. In the case they do, I choose the school that makes me feel less poorly.

Today, both schools had a conference and came to an agreement. This afternoon, my sister and JD told me the same thing:
Post new pictures.

They're right. I'm a chicken and I posted feathered pictures yesterday. Here are a few from the FIRST wedding I shot. I know I made plenty of mistakes, but--like I said before--mistakes are part of the process.





2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Halberg said...

Hehe, I LOVE the comments that go with your pictures! And wow... your pictures are AMAZING to boot!!!! :-)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

Jasmine! Your images are amazing and I'm totally lovin' your blog. You have a way with words, and even though I normally hate reading, I enjoyed reading some of your posts!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home