Saturday, April 01, 2006

Nothing to Fear

I'm not a procrastinator. In fact, I'm the opposite. I was the girl in college you hated. The girl who turned in her final term paper a week early to get the professor's feedback. The girl who completed extra credit although it was unnecessary. Yes, I was that girl.

But there are times when life moves so fast that one may blink and miss a year. And no matter how hard a person tries to stay on top, she ends up barely making the deadline. I'm trying not to blink.

Liana made me promise to post two pictures by today. It's almost deadline time--as April 1 is almost over in Los Angeles--but I'm not late. I've got an hour to spare. I wanted to have these pictures completed yesterday, but I've been spinning like top. I'm nervously posting these pictures not in hopes of soliciting pity, but, rather, getting over my fears. And just like Kennedy said, I ain't got nothing to fear, but fear itself.

I liked this picture because I thought the bridesmaid's belly looked beautiful. There's something breathtaking about a pregnant woman, so I liked the moment of this picture.









Don't ask me why, but I love this picture. Perhaps it's the details--the Goldfish crackers in one hand, someone cutting the hem of a dress of another, the bride holding a card--or just the color. The bride and her friends were very close, so capturing them in this moment was fun.









I know Liana asked me to post two pictures, but I couldn't resist this one.
During the reception dinner, DJ and I crept off to the lounge/bar of the country club. There, he worked at putting together a stellar slideshow with ShowIt. I can't articulate how amazing he is...and his pictures aren't too shabby either :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Liana said...

Wohooo!!! Yeah! See, you did it...not so difficult, hu???

I'm luvin the color on those first two... the second one has me laughing and nervous (something about food, and scissors in the pic) at the same time..hehe.

Now all you need to make it complete is pics of DJ chimping (a requirement as a 2nd shooter is to capture as many of these as possible and post them all over the net... except if you're with me of course).

More, more, we want more :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Way to Go Jazzy!!! I love the second one too...sooo much fun color and brain stimuli... it definately tells a story and I LOVE it! The first one is great in that it represents another idea of life just beginning.
You so wonderful Jazzy! Only a few more days until the three of us (me, you and Liana) will be shacking together in Vegas!! I am so excited to share residence with STARS!!! ;)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jim Cook said...

Awesome!!!! I am with the rest -- the 2nd one is just so interesting. You need to start posting some of your pics on OSP!

I love your blog and it is on my required reading list!!!

6:21 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

You're the amazing one!!! Seriously! So fun shooting with you! You rock! It was so funny when you left the room and all the girls were like "DJ is that your girlfriend?" ...and I said yes of course!

:)

1:59 AM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

oh - you wanna see some chimping pics!!!! I'll show you guys some chimping pics!!! :)

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home