Saturday, April 22, 2006

Illumination

I can admit it. I’m addicted to blogs. I love reading them and the dissecting pictures that sometimes accompany an entry. I love them for the same reasons I love staring into brightly lit windows at night. They provide a glimpse into someone’s life and I’m thoroughly addicted. JD thinks I’m positively crazy for staring at dark homes as we whiz by at night. Whenever we stop at a red light, I immediately turn my head over my shoulder to find an illuminated window. Sometimes I see a family eating dinner, or someone watching television, or someone shutting a kitchen cabinet. I know it’s strange, but I love it.

Blogs give me the same insight; they’re the illuminated windows. Reading blogs have become part of my daily routine. I go through my favorites and bookmark them according to my preference. There are even times when I’ll call JD at work and tell him to read so-and-so’s because it’s breath-taking. He now knows my favorites and refers to them by name, as if we’ve all been long-time friends. Jaz, he’ll ask, how’s Jessica? He’s met Jess only once before, but because of her blog, it feels like we know her.

This morning, as JD was leaving the house for a round of golf, he turned to me and said, I’m going to try to take a picture of you the way [b]ecker shoots his models. I laughed out loud. My laugh was two-fold: (1) JD has a loooong way to go before he’s shooting like [b]ecker (especially because JD only handles my camera for fun); and (2) He must have looked at [b]’s blog at least a hundred times over my shoulder.

Blogs have become a tutor of sorts. The pictures serve as a barometer; something I can measure my own abilities against. Yes, I have a long way to go, but at least I know I’m moving in the right direction.




Here are a few more from Cherry’s wedding…

I loved the motion of the make-up artist's hand











Cherry standing in the light of a stained-glass window
















Cherry descending from the car

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots! And I totally agree about blogs - they are my tutors. How does it feel for YOU to be the tutor now?? ;-)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home