Thursday, May 04, 2006

Hit and Run

I got a call yesterday afternoon and it shook me greatly.

Jaz, JD said worriedly into my cell phone, I just got hit by a drunk driver. And he left the scene. My car’s totaled.

JD couldn’t talk too much because the police were filing the report, but I left work immediately. We met at the auto body shop and I jumped out of my car and gave him a bear hug. I was so worried about the situation and happy to see him that I didn’t notice his car. Or what’s left it. The car’s entire back-end was demolished and the only things left were the front seats.

The tow-truck driver said JD was lucky because if brunt of the hit happened on the left side, the car would have exploded. We were so thankful JD was okay.

So this morning we’re finishing the police reports and calling witnesses. Thus far, no one saw a license plate and the driver hasn’t been found. Despite these bummers, we’re thankful JD’s okay. He pretty much walked away from the accident with just bumps, bruises and soreness.

However, I’ve been hearing a lot of the following phrase: But, Jaz, I just got into a car accident. Now, this is fine. Totally fine. But, I think that JD is becoming very keen to this verbiage…

But, Jaz, I just got into a car accident, was JD’s response to his strewn shoes.
But, Jaz, I just got into a car accident, was his response to why he needed an extra blanket last night.
But, Jaz, I just got into a car accident, was his response to why he needed his hands massaged, after I had massaged his back and neck.
But, Jaz, I just got into a car accident, was his response to why he wanted breakfast in bed.

I have a feeling that JD is going to employ the use of the phrase for as long as possible…but I’m fine with it because I’m thankful he’s healthy and in one piece.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liana said...

Thank God he's okay!!!

Praying for your entire family :)

Miss u hon!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Oh heavens...thank goodness he's ok!!!
Sounds like you have the beginnings of a 'kept man' on your hands ;)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Yes, Shyla...I know you LOVE those words "a kept man"!! :) And yes, I'm turning into a Surgah Mama

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home