Monday, March 13, 2006

Perfect Timing

Okay. I’m sorry I’m late. It’s so my fault. Don’t worry though, I’ll get you there before they leave.

My brother anxiously tapped his fingers on the middle console. He’s going to Japan today and I am in charge of getting him with his group on time. I was running 45 minutes behind schedule. I’m a horrible, horrible sister.

Listen, if we miss the group, I’ll be sure to drive you to LAX personally. He turned to me and smiled crookedly. That was his way of letting me know I was forgiven.

When I saw the airport shuttles in the parking lot, I breathed a sigh of relief. Within a nanosecond, I was no longer a horrible sister. I was ain’t-nothing-but-a-chicken-wing, why-did-you-doubt-me, I-should-race-for-Nascar, sister.

We hastily checked his baggage and I told him to call me when he arrived in Osaka. I snapped too many pictures of him, so when I asked some kid’s mom to take a picture of us, I was seriously losing cool points. He grumbled, ooooone more picture only. We hugged and kissed. As the shuttle pulled away, he saw me crying. He pressed his fingers to the window, with his ring and middle finger folded downward, and gave me the sign language formation for ‘I love you’.

I signed ‘I love you’ back.

As I was leaving, I saw this little boy give his sister a hug. How cute. Wait, I have my camera. I asked their mother if I could snap a few pictures of them. She agreed and I snapped away. The sun was shining brightly and the background was bleak, but I worked my camera like it was running a sprint.

I now have enough images to complete my Photoshop class assignment. So my morning began with melancholy falling from my eyes, but I’m ready to work now. I’m ready to turn my sadness into good work. I think that’s the way it’s supposed to be…

1 Comments:

Blogger Liana said...

Ohhhh my gosh.... something's in our stars... just pressed "send" on earlier post and got YOUR post on MY blog at the EXACT SAME TIME. Freaky!!! lol.


Yes, we will have to set a new standard for fun indeed !!! Only a few more weeks!!!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home