Monday, February 20, 2006

I need Dr. 90210!

Wow…it feels like these past couple days have been a whirlwind! A fairly large group of photographers from around the nation have gathered in Orange County for Mike Colon’s intensive workshop this week and I met a lot of them yesterday at a BarlowGirl concert. We had a blast and I was so happy to finally meet people I’ve communicated only via email.

Here’s the BIG news: Mike Colon--yes, as in theeeeee Mike Colon!-- asked me and JD to model for the class this week. I’ll be modeling tomorrow at Newport Beach and on Thursday JD and I will be modeling together…in our wedding attire! I know, I know, all this must sound crazy—and it is, really—but I’m totally stoked that all this is happening! The best news is that I’ll be able to attend two of the four day workshop for free…which is like a $800 value. Now mind you, I wish I would have known about this earlier so I could have had an emergency tummy tuck and lypo, but I guess I’ll manage. I’ve never, ever modeled before, so I know I’ll look at the pictures and groan with embarrassment, but I think that this experience will be good because I’ll be able to watch top notch photographers manage their cameras and engage their subjects.

I’m now off to run 27 miles…up a mountain…wearing a trashbag under my three sweatshirts…trying to burn off extra calories by dragging my washing machine behind me. But before this, I have to watch another episode of “Lost” with JD, paint my nails, wish my roots were dyed, and pluck my eyebrows.

So much to do…and not enough time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I know, you've got a new blog. But, uh, I wanted you to know that I've been looking for a sign, and I've been listening to your advice, praying, and planning for a long time. And today, I thought, you know what, I'm gonna read the whole blog of hers. I just want to see where she started. And then I read this... I've been listening to Barlowgirl all day. I've loved them for a long time too. So, it's just...cool...to hear one of my favorite photographers, whos nurtured me without even knowing it, likes the same band I do.

Dorky. But true.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home