Friday, June 09, 2006

A "Studio" Shoot


It’s funny how friendship can break down walls of communication. By this I mean that words are often unnecessary to communicate a friend’s thoughts.


She didn’t have to ask me, in fact, she hardly did. She casually mentioned how she’d love pictures of her son before she left with the Olympic softball team to China and left it at that. She didn’t have to say anymore because we communicated telepathically—on a wavelength only best friends can tune into.

I’ll do the best I can, Jennie, but I can make no promises, I skeptically told her. She flashed me her I-just-won-the-gold-medal smile, and I was sold.

I had my camera in the car, so we feverishly worked together to form my “studio” by moving furniture and positioning various lights around lil’ baby Ace. He was a total gem, sleeping for a bit, gurgling for a few minutes, and crying for a tad. He completed the session by relieving himself on my background…but I couldn’t be mad because he was such a cutie!


Jennie thanked me profusely but she didn’t have to because we communicate without using words. It’s a language huggers and kissers and laughers only know. And it’s a language Jennie and I share.

3 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Those are some of the cutest baby pics ever!!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Way to Go Jazzy!!! Those are fabulous!!! ;)

3:15 PM  
Blogger brittany leigh said...

aww!! so great!!!

thank you thank you thank you!!! :) hehe. having fun probably is the key...im not gonna lie, still a little nervous!! O:) is there anything you wish you had done differently your first one?

God is so in control, thats why i know it can't go too badly!! hehe. thanks babe!!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home